16 Oct 2014

Breezy Berck sur mer

Thursday morning brought more wind and rain.  But it also brought us to Berck sur mer and another free stopover.  It wasn’t supposed to be free.  From what we could work out, it was supposed to be 10 euros until the end of October, but the ticket machine was out of order when we arrived and it was still out of order we left; bargain!


Although there wasn’t much of a view from the aire itself, we were close enough to the beach to hear the waves.  The beach was really lovely and Powell took full advantage again and went into crazy dog mode, only stopping when he ran into puddles, which turned out to be fairly deep pools, of water.
We saw seals...although admittedly, you have to squint to see them on the picture...but they really were there!

The town of Berck itself was far from breath taking and rather reminded me of Blackpool without the illuminations, people or shops.  We spotted a sign for a beach cross event which was supposed to start on Saturday, but although the beach is really stunning, Berck isn’t alluring enough to stay for another two nights...especially not if they get the ticket machine working again.


I spoke French to French people for the first time today.  I saw an older couple up ahead of me whilst I was taking pictures of Pete and Powell.  The lady was taking a picture of the man, so I made the assumption that maybe they would like a photo together.  In my best French (of which there is very little so far), I asked them if they’d like a photo together and they actually understood me and took me up on my offer!  Baby steps are better than no steps at all!


If you look really hard, you can see the seals!




No comments:

Post a Comment