9 Jan 2015

Pearl Jam and Pot

Pete again, It’s only a quick update and not as good as the title would have you believe I’m afraid.
Today marked the occasion of my return to hospital here in Ronda for what I thought was my pot removal and “stitches” out. Sue and I have been counting down the days to the time I had a little more freedom. Clearly I’d still be restricted after the pot comes off but at least I’d be able to scratch an itch and put my hand in my pocket.


Sue has been a rock and has been doing everything here and I thought I might be able to lend a hand today but it wasn’t to be.

I actually set an alarm and got up, ready to go to hospital and start the next phase of my recovery. I was seen almost straight away and had the old pot removed. The nurses looked at the scar and smiled. All was going great. The Surgeon who conducted my Op then came in and also seemed happy with my mobility and how well the incision was healing. Then he dropped the bomb, the pot was to be replaced for a further week. Gutted.

I’d initially been told the pot would be on for 2 weeks in the first instance. When an appointment was made for 9 days after the Op I had wrongly assumed that that was the end of it. So despite a record turn around (of just about 1 Hr from leaving the campsite to my return) I’m left as useless as I was this morning and no better able to help around the place. I also realised I was stapled together not stitched and those are set to stay a further 7 days too. Sorry Princess, you have another 7 days of moping me to deal with. I have an X-Ray next Friday followed by the permanent removal of staples and pot. 7 days and counting..... At least I’ve been off the pain killers for 5 days now.

In other news; Sue had another go at her hair today and we bought fish. Sue’s making something (probably stew, and it smells good) with the fish as I type this. Powell is getting used to being here and I think he considers it to be home – he had a little woof at intruders earlier today. I guess it’s understandable as we’ve been here almost 2 weeks which is significantly longer than we’ve spent anywhere else since we left. We found signposts for local walking routes yesterday so we have an alternative to “Powell’s’ hill” for stretching our legs over the coming days.


To close on a high; the campsite gets cheaper the longer we stay and we can get mail delivered. I hope to see bike parts and new two way radios soon but not too many clothes, handbags or shoes (Sue seems to have some spare time in between meal prep and other household chores and it’s dangerous!!).

4 comments:

  1. First you call her your Rock and Princess and praise the patience she has shown and all the hard graft and extra toil she has undertaken, then, you deny the love of your life SHOES, HANDBAGS, CLOTHES...for shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Norma! I now have PJs and new crockery - all is good with the world :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did the pot come off or what?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Pot is off but it'll be a long slow road to recovery. Blog update to follow.

    ReplyDelete